Wednesday, June 30, 2010
Sunday, June 27, 2010
Wednesday, June 23, 2010
I picked up this one from Forever 21 for $2.80. Here's a picture of me channeling my inner
Anyhow, I love my ring, no matter how big and gaudy it may be!
Friday, June 18, 2010
MAC Prep + Prime Skin Refined Zone Treatment
MAC Minearlize Skinfinish Natural in Medium Dark
MAC Sweet As Cocoa Blush
Urban Decay Primer Potion
MAC Goldmine on my lid
MAC Tempting in crease and blended out to brow bone
Tarte Shimmering Buff on brow bone as highlighter
Bourjois Contour Clubbing on lash line and water line
MAC Zoomlash mascara on upper lashes and lower lashes
MAC Bateaux lustreglass
Overall, I was pleased :)
Thursday, June 17, 2010
So this is what I picked up:
From left to right clockwise we have:
- Bourjois Contour Clubbing Waterproof eyeliner in Black Party
- MAC lipsticks in Thrills and Pink Nouveau
- MAC blush in Honour
- L'oreal Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base (primer)
- MAC Brushes 224, 129, & 116
- Sonia Kashuk small multi-purpose powder brush
- China Glaze nail polishes in V, Awakening, and II
- Eco Tools retractable kabuki brush
- Lancome Hypnose mascara in black
Lipsticks: Pink Nouveau (top), Thrills (bottom)
Pink Nouveau is from MAC's permanent collection. It is a true pink color. I do not wear it that bright, I put a light coat on with a pink lip gloss layered on top. Thrills is from MAC's To The Beach Collection. It is a rosy coral with gold shimmer. It is my favorite summer color for the moment!
Honour is also from MAC's permanent line. It is a golden beige with gold pearl. I use it as a highlighter as it is far too light to use as a blush on my skin tone.
From bottom to top: Sonia Kashuk brush, MAC 224, MAC 129, MAC 116, kabuki
Yes, I picked up a second MAC 224 brush as I realized that I needed one for blending and one for concealer. The 129 is a powder and blush brush and the 116 is a dense blush brush. The Sonia Kashuk brush, available at Target, is great for the crease and also a great at applying powder underneath the eyes. The kabuki brush, also available at Target, is a travel kabuki that retracts so it fits perfect into my makeup bag.
Well you see what I've been up to. What have you purchased lately?
Monday, June 14, 2010
The summer can wreak havoc on your beauty routine with the sweltering temperatures. Here in Houston, we also have the horrible humidity which can cause your makeup to disappear. The heat can often time make your makeup feel heavy and gross on your face. To combat this, I have a few summer beauty tips.
1. SPF, SPF, SPF-I can't stress it enough! SPF is so important to protect your skin from UVA and UVB rays. Find a moisturizer with SPF in it. I use Neutrogena Oil Free Moisturizer with SPF 15.
2. Speaking of moisturizer, try to use a tinted moisturizer. It is much lighter on the skin than foundation. Laura Mercier makes a great tinted moisturizer.
3. Use primer, it will keep your make up in place and fresh looking in the sticky heat. Loreal Studio Secrets is a great inexpensive face primer.
4. Waterproof mascara will be your hero, especially in humid climates! Pretty much every mascara comes in a waterproof variety.
5. Blotting sheets can be your best friend. They blot the shine and oil away. They fit in your purse and can be a summer life saver. Clean & Clear make great ones.
Friday, June 11, 2010
Tuesday, June 8, 2010
MAC Opulash in Bad, Bad, Black
MAC on left, Maybelline on right (2 coats of each)
The Verdict: While they both do an excellent job of separating lashes, MAC Opulash slightly edges out Maybelline Colossal Volume Express simply because it curls and thickens lashes better. However, Maybelline is great affordable alternative if you can't see yourself spending $14 for mascara!
Friday, June 4, 2010
Michael Antonio, Lloyd, www.endless.com
Not quite the same, but until I hit the lottery, these will have to do!
Tuesday, June 1, 2010
I was able to satisfy the bride and save myself a trip to the nail salon and no one was the wiser!