Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Tom Ford Black Orchid-The Ultimate Fragrance

While on my most recent trip to Neiman Marcus, I finally broke down and smelled Tom Ford's Black Orchid.  From the first whiff, I was encapsulated with its intoxicating fragrance.  Quite frankly, it smells like sex in a bottle.  I left it at the store, as I had hit my spending limit for that day.  Fast forward to this past weekend, this time in Nordstrom.  I asked for a sample of Black Orchid to make sure it went well with my body chemistry as I had a terrible experience with his White Patchouli fragrance (great in the bottle, horrible on me).  I am happy to report that Black Orchid works well with my chemistry and I will be picking up a bottle.  It's notes are: Bergamot, Citrus, Mandarin, Black Gardenia, Jasmine, Ylang-Ylang, Lotus Wood, Orchid, Spicy Floral Accord, Black Accord, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Incense, and Vanilla.  It is a wonderfully complicated fragrance and not for the faint at heart.  Be prepared for both men and women asking what you are wearing.  It lasts all day and that is without doing my fragrance trick.

It retails for $95 USD for a 1.7 ounce bottle but Sephora exclusively offers a 1.0 ounce bottle for $62 USD.
Have you tried this fragrance?

No comments:

Post a Comment