Wednesday, July 28, 2010

My Current Skincare Routine


I have been asked to do a post on my current skincare routine. First, let me give you background on my skin. I have combination skin, oily in the summer and dry in the winter. I have never really suffered from acne, just an occasional bump here and there, usually around that time of the month. I have been doing my current skincare routine for about a month. Prior to that, I had been using Proactiv since I was 14. My mother put me on it as a preventative measure. I wanted to wean myself off of it.


I had heard great things about Philosophy's skincare products, so I decided to try their Purity Made Simple foaming daily cleanser. I was also given a 2 ounce sample of their Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash. I must say that I love both. I use the foam cleanser at night and the exfoliating wash in the mornings. My skin has responded great to it and I will repurchase the exfoliating wash once my sample runs out. The foam cleanser is a 2 in 1 that doubles as a toner. It also is great at removing makeup, though I prefer to remove my makeup right when I get home with my Almay makeup remover wipes.


I also use Olay's Age Defying Intensive Nourishing Night Cream at night. It has beta hydroxy in it that is supposed to help with aging. My skin and I love it. I use Neutrogena's Oil Free Moisture as my morning moisturizer. I like it because it has spf 15 in it and it doesn't leave my skin greasy. I still use Proactiv's Refining Mask once a week to rid my pores of impurities. It really is a great mask.


Well that is what I use. Skincare is very personal as no two people's skin is alike. What works for me, may not work for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment