Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Revlon Black With Envy-Chanel Black Pearl Dupe?

While browsing the polish at my local drugstore the other day, I came across a display for Revlon Black With Envy.  The display said something like "Spring 2011 Runway color for less".  As I looked closer, it became clear that this was supposed to be the affordable dupe for Chanel's Black Pearl.  So in the interest of beauty, I picked up the color so that I could do a comparison for you.  I do own Chanel Black Pearl and I love it, so I was really hoping the Revlon color would be a dupe.  Check out the pics (click on them to enlarge them).

In the bottle they look very similar, but Chanel's green shimmer is more apparent.



Black With Envy on Index and Ring Finger, Black Pearl on Middle and Pinkie


Black Pearl has a charcoal base while Black With Envy has a black base.  On the nail, the Black With Envy is darker and way less green than Black Pearl.  Black With Envy was opaque in 2 coats as is Black Pearl.  And both formulas were smooth and buttery.  Overall, I'd say they are similar but not dupes.  But if you missed out on Black Pearl or just didn't want to pay the money for it, Black With Envy is a nice alternative.

5 comments:

  1. I have to be on the lookout for this. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which drugstore did you find this in? I've been looking EVERYWHERE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found it at CVS. I've also recently seen them at Ulta and my local grocery store. Hope that helps :)

    ReplyDelete