Sunday, November 21, 2010

Quick Drug Store Haul-Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick


I was looking for some lotion when I came across the Maybelline Color Sensational lipstick display.  I have had terrible luck with drugstore lipstick simply because you can't test it on your hand like you would at Sephora or MAC.  I always try my best not to open them and go by the color indicator, but let's be honest, those things are never true to color.  I saw two that looked like they could be nice on me, so I picked them up.  They were only $4.59 on sale so I figured if I get them home and they look hideous, I was only out of about $10.  I purchased On The Mauve and Pink Quartz.


On The Mauve
 On The Mauve should be re-named to Bruised Purple Lips because that is what I look like with this on.  There is no mauve in it, it is a straight up purple lipstick.  It makes my lips look like I've gone a few rounds with Floyd Mayweather.  Pretty in the tube, not on me.  One positive thing about it though, it applied very smooth and felt very moisturizing.

Pink Quartz
Pink Quartz is a very pretty mauve with gold shimmer.  It is very sheer and needs to be built up to achieve the color that I want.  It is one of those effortless, throw-on-as-you-walk-out-of-the-door colors.  Kind of like MAC's Viva Glam V, it is probably universally flattering.  One negative, it is dry as hell.  I mean it tugs on your lips as you put it on.  You have to apply a balm first. 

Both colors have a sweet synthetic scent that bugs me but fades away once they're on the lips.  So for $10, 1 hit, 1 miss ain't bad.  I'll probably try On The Mauve with different lip liners and glosses to see if I can get it to work for me.  Have you tried any lipsticks from the Maybelline Color Sensational line?

No comments:

Post a Comment