Thursday, March 3, 2011

Forever 21 Palettes-A Pleasant Surprise

I was at Forever 21 the other day, browsing their accessories, when I came across these eyeshadow palettes from their Love & Beauty line of makeup.  I was a little hesitant at first, but for $6.80 each, I figured I give them a try.  The two I purchased are the Love at First Sight palettes.  They had two color selections to choose from, I got both.  One is the taupe/purple palette, the other, gold/olive palette (These were the actual names on the back of the package).


Taupe/Purple Palette


Gold/Olive Palette
 I was pleasantly surprised to find the colors nicely pigmented with smooth, silky textures.  They all had good color payoff, though the bright purple color was a tad bit powdery.  I wore a look using the colors in the olive/gold palette today and was pleased.  They blended very well and I had no fallout.  The packaging was nice and sturdy.  They come in a gold metallic plastic slim compact with a mirror.  Not bad for $6.80.


L to R: Top-Shades 1-4 of Gold palette, Bottom: Shade 5 of Gold palette, Shades 2 & 4 of Taupe Palette
My only gripe is that the two palettes shared a majority of the colors.  The taupe/purple palette had only 1 purple in it and 3 of the same colors as the gold/olive palette.  Overall, I am pleased with the purchase.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing. I almost picked them up, but I wasn't sure how they would work out.

    ReplyDelete