Thursday, April 14, 2011

Review: Revlon's Colorburst Lipsticks

It is very rare that I find a drugstore brand lipstick that I actually like.  I prefer department store brand lipsticks because you can test the color before you buy and they don't have that sickly sweet synthetic smell that drugstore lipsticks tend to have.  However, I have had great luck with the Revlon Colorburst line.  I have five of their lipsticks and I am impressed.  I have Fashion's Night Pout, Coral, Peach, Soft Nude, and Mauve.

Fashion's Night Pout is a limited addition color first released for New York's Fashion's Night Out.  It is a peach toned nude color, similar to Soft Nude.

Coral is a orange toned red that leans more orange than red on the lips.

Peach is a warmed toned peach, that actually appears more like a true coral on my lips.

Soft Nude is a peach toned nude that is just a touch more pink than Fashion's Night Pout.  It is also said to be a dupe for MAC's Creme D'Nude, which I do not own.

Mauve is pink toned mauve with just a touch of purple.

They don't smell of anything (yay!).  That is a huge plus for me.  They also have a creamy texture, similar to a MAC cremesheen finish.  I find them to be non-drying, which is great for my notoriously dry lips and I don't find that they emphasize any dryness on the lips.  They tend to last about 4 hours on my lips before re-application is needed.

The colors in the tube are pretty true to the color indicator on the top.  And the packaging is actually pretty nice for a drugstore brand.  It is matte black with a Chanel-esque quilted pattern.


Fashion's Night Pout, Coral, Peach, Soft Nude, Mauve

without flash
Fashion's Night Pout, Coral, Peach, Soft Nude, Mauve



with flash
Fashion's Night Pout, Coral, Peach, Soft Nude, Mauve
 Depending on where you buy them, they range in price from $6.49-$10.49 but you can catch them on sale quite frequently.  Have you tried any of these lipsticks?  Do you like them?

No comments:

Post a Comment