Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Burt's Bees Radiance Eye Cream

I discovered Burt's Bees years ago because of their lip balms.  It wasn't until recently that I realized that they also had skin care products as well.  After going through my jar of Bobbi Brown Hydrating eye cream ($50), I decided that I would look for a more affordable eye cream.  I stumbled upon Burt's Bees Radiance eye cream at CVS and decided to try it.


I wanted something that was equally as moisturising as my Bobbi Brown eye cream.  This eye cream contained Royal Jelly which is a substance made by honeybees and contains nectar, pollen, flower parts, vitamins, minerals, and other natural ingredients.  I don't know if it is because of the Royal Jelly, but I find this product to be every bit as moisturising as the Bobbi Brown Hydrating eye cream.

Burt's Bees website says this:  "This highly-concentrated formula also contains chamomile, cucumber and rosehip extracts, which are known to promote skin renewal and reduce puffiness and swelling. Natural mica diffuses light to minimize the look of fine lines".  I don't really suffer from any eye wrinkles so I can not comment on it's effectiveness in that area.

I haven't noticed any reduction in puffiness or swelling.  But to be fair, I don't believe there is any product that can reduce my hereditary bags. 

The product itself is slightly thin, but not runny.  It absorbs quickly on me.  I use it both at night and in the morning under my makeup.  It does not interfere with my makeup.  In fact, I think it helps my concealer glide on better.

It is 98.2% natural but does have a fragrance.  I do not find the fragrance to a bother but do find it odd that they decided to put fragrance in the product, since it's supposed to be natural.

Overall, I enjoy this product and I recommend it for those looking for a moisturising eye cream.  It retails for $17.99 at drug stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment