Monday, June 20, 2011

Manicure Mondays-Sally Hansen Thinking Of Blue

I have skillfully avoided purchasing any colors from Sally Hansen's Complete Salon Manicure line because frankly, they cost just as much as salon brands like OPI and Essie.  But, while waiting on a prescription to get filled at CVS, I noticed they were on sale for $5.99, so I picked up a few.  Thinking of Blue is a nautical blue cream.  I thought the color reminded me of the cruise ship we were on.  This line is marketed as having a base coat, nail strengthener, top coat, and nail color in one.  So I didn't apply any base or top coat as I normally would.  I can say the formula was nice and smooth and covered in 2 easy coats.  It appeared to dry fast, however, having painted my nails at 2 pm that day, I woke up to the dreaded sheet marks on my polish the next morning.  NOT COOL.  That really disappointed me.  It is also marketed as lasting 10 days chip free.  I won't be able to test it as I start a new job today and this has already been removed and replaced with a first day appropriate color (I want to feel the place out first before I subject them to some of my nail colors).  But I can say from Thursday to Sunday, it remained chip free.  What are your favorites from this line?

No comments:

Post a Comment