Friday, October 7, 2011

Did I Just Buy The Same Color In A Different Brand?

China Glaze Ingrid, Dior Exquis #611
As soon as I saw the Dior Holiday 2011 promo pictures, I gravitated to the nail polish shade Exquis #611 (because I am a nail polish whore).  I purchased it today.  When I got home, I looked at the my stash and it looked similar to something I already had.  Behold, China Glaze Ingrid.  They look identical in the bottle, except for one thing, the golden shimmer.  The golden shimmer is more apparent with Exquis than Ingrid.  Since I have a fresh manicure, I can't swatch them on the nail.  I'm going to go ahead and keep the Dior color simply because I like that the shimmer is more pronounced.  Now that may change once I swatch them.  If they're identical on the nail, then I will be returning the $22 Dior color!  What do you think?


P.S.  Sorry about the camera phone photo, the Nikon's batteries are dead and I haven't gotten to the store to get some new ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment