Monday, May 24, 2010

Beauty Haul-MAC

While at the outlet mall, I walked into the CCO (Cosmetics Company Outlet store). For those who aren't familiar, a CCO is the Estee' Lauder Group's outlet. It carries all of the brands under the Estee' Lauder Group; Bobbi Brown, Clinique, MAC, Origin's, Prescriptive's, and of course Estee' Lauder. The CCO will carry past limited edition collections and some overstock of permanent collections from these brands. If you miss out on a limited edition collection, you can wait about 4-6 months and try your local CCO and snag it on discount. I mentioned in an earlier post that I didn't own any MAC brushes. Well, I came across the coveted MAC 224 blending brush. It retails for $28. I picked it up for $19.75. That's about 30% off of retail price! I also snagged MAC's Notable blush from the Fall 2009 Makeup Art Cosmetics collection, which I missed out on the first time around. I got it for $13.00.! Their blushes retail for $18.50 normally. MAC describes Notable as a "dirty brick brown red". I found it more of a rose tone on my NC42 skin.




I also picked up a few things at the MAC counter in Macy's. I picked up some concealer, prep & prime skin refined zone treatment (used to control shine in the T-zone area), fibre rich lash mascara, and Dubonnet lipstick (a deep red color). Every woman should own a red lipstick. This one is nice because it is an amplified creme finish which glides on your lips so smoothly. I swatched it on my hand for you all to see.



I would definitely recommend this shade for women of color. It is not too dark and not too bright, it is the perfect shade of red.

No comments:

Post a Comment