Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Product Review: Maybelline Eye Studio Gel Eyeliner



I stumbled upon Maybelline's gel eyeliner while browsing my local drug store. It is part of their eye studio line which is supposed to have professional quality products. Let me just say that I LOVE this eyeliner! I've actually had the black for about two months now and I just picked up the brown. It is so smooth and creamy and easy to apply. The black is a true black. It gives a great dark dramatic line that stays ALL DAY. I'm not kidding, this stuff does not budge! I apply this to my upper lash line, so I can't speak for its staying power on the waterline and lower lash line. It comes with a brush so it is great for those who are new to gel liners. I like the brush but I prefer my Sonia Kashuk bent eye liner brush. I find it easier to handle for me. You get three grams of product which is the same amount of product as Bobbi Brown and MAC's gel eyeliners but for a fraction of the cost. The Maybelline liner retails for $8.99 as compared to $15 for MAC and $21 for Bobbi Brown. The Maybelline liner comes in four colors, Blackest Black, Brown, Charcoal, and Eggplant. I highly recommend this eyeliner!

upclose view of the brush

No comments:

Post a Comment