Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Rainy Day Chic

It has been rainy and cold (at least Houston version of cold) the last few days and I have had to break out the rainy day gear.  To protect my shoes from the water (shoes are an investment!), I wear rain boots.  But not just plain rain boots, black and white Zebra rain boots.  I absolutely love them!  They go with most of my attire and I get a ton of compliments when I wear them.  I'll put those on instead of my pumps and have my pumps in my work bag to change into once I get into my office.  I wanted a versatile rain coat (not a plastic one) so I chose a chic rain trench coat that is red.  It is perfect for protecting my clothes and can be worn when it's not raining.  Let's face it, who wants to make an arrival in wet, rain spotted clothes!  When I chose my rain gear, I looked for a classic color for my coat and a funky pair of boots.  I knew I would get more wear out of my trench, so I picked fun rain boots. I found a few pieces on the web to show you.

DKNY Belted Rain Trench, $61.99, overstock.com

Chinese Landry Rain Boots, $59.95, zappos.com

What's your rainy day gear?

No comments:

Post a Comment