Sunday, December 26, 2010

Revlon Luxurious Color Eyeshadow-Drug Store Dud

When it comes to drug store eyeshadow, I typically shy away from them because of their lack of pigmentation (NYX and Wet 'N Wild being the surprising exceptions).  So when I received the Revlon Luxurious Color Eyeshadow as a bonus with my Revlon Grow Luscious mascara, I wasn't expecting much.  And my expectations were correct.

The shade that came with my mascara was Lilac Shimmer and is in their perle (their spelling, not mine) finish.  While it looks lilac in the pan, it does not show up lilac.  It shows up more silver than anything.  And the shimmer is an understatement.  It is chunky, gritty glitter!  And you know glitter=fallout.  And fallout there was, I had glitter all over my nose and cheeks.  It was a mess!

To say the pigmentation is lacking is putting it mildly.  There is no pigmentation.  It swatches chalky and patchy.  In order to get any sort of color, you really have to layer it on.  I tried it with NYX jumbo pencil in milk as a base and with Urban Decay Primer Potion and it was still lacking.


Heavily swatched (left to right) Using NYX jumbo pencil in milk, Urban Decay Primer Potion, no base or primer
 All in all, if this wasn't included with my mascara, it would have never made it home with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment