Saturday, January 1, 2011

Best Of 2010-Beauty Edition

It's 2011!  And I hope this post finds you in the best of health and happiness.  With all of the "best of" list that pop up for the end of the year, I wanted do my own beauty edition.  These are the products that were truly my favorite products for 2010.

Skin Care:  I can't say enough about the Clarisonic Mia.  It was the best beauty related item that happened to me in 2010.  It has changed my skin for the best!


Face:  2010 was a great year for me and NARS.  I discovered my Holy Grail foundation in their Sheer Matte.  It is so worth the $42 price tag.  I also have a love affair with their blushes.  Truly some of the best on the market.  If you haven't already, treat yourself to a NARS blush in 2011!


Brushes:  My two favorite brushes in 2010 were the MAC 130 short duo fibre brush and the Essence of Beauty smokey wide brush.  The MAC 130 brush is outstanding for cream blush as well as liquid foundation!  I love how it blends out my cream blushes to provide such a natural looking flush.  The Essence of Beauty smokey wide brush is a drug store gem.  Sold only at CVS, the wide side is a perfect  brow bone highlight brush and the thin side is perfect for outer V work on the eye.


Eyes:  My go to shadows for 2010 has been MAC Woodwinked and Ricepaper.  Woodwinked is a great all over lid color, perfect to give you that "awake" look.  Ricepaper is the perfect natural looking brow bone highlighter for tan skin.

Mascara:  I fell in love with 2 mascaras in 2010 and I am on my second tube for both.  Lancome Hypnose mascara and L'Oreal Voluminous are both outstanding mascaras for volume.  I love them both!


Lips:  I have found my go to nude lip combo with MAC Viva Glam II and Spree lipglass.  Viva Glam II is a pinky brown, great for tan skin and Spree just gives it that extra glitz when applied over it!


Perfume:  I fell in love with Juicy Couture (the original) perfume.  So much that I have a purse size for my hand bag for touch ups.  It was my favorite daytime fragrance for 2010.


Nails:  Essie polish took the trophy this year for its superb formula and awesome staying power.  I can't get enough of Essie polish.  The absolute best top coat is hands down Seche Vite.  Talk about making a manicure last and giving that great glossy shine.  It is a must have for my manicures!

These products have been staples in my daily life for 2010.  What were your favorite beauty products for 2010?

No comments:

Post a Comment