Saturday, January 1, 2011

Face Of The Day (Night)-NYE Black Smokey Eye


Happy New Year all!  Hope whatever you did to bring in the New Year was fun and safe!  I rarely go out on New Year's Eve, but last night was an exception.  My husband is a musician and he had a performance last night.  So I got (somewhat) dressed up and did a black smokey eye.  A black smokey eye is a departure from my normal smokey eye, which is grey/silver.  But it was NYE and I wanted to spice it up.  Now this picture was taken at about 2:30 am, so please excuse any tired/haggard looking expressions.




Products used:

Eyes:
-Urban Decay Primer Potion
-Maybelline eye studio black gel eyeliner all over the lid as a base
-Kat Von D Motorhead eyeshadow duo, the black side with no glitter on the lid and blended into the crease
-Urban Decay Buck blended to the brow bone to soften the black edges
-MAC Ricepaper as a highlight on the brow bone
-MAC Manila Paper in the inner tear duct
-L'Oreal Voluminous mascara
-Ardell #305 lashes on outer corner
-MAC Brun eyeshadow for brow filler

Face:
-MAC Select-Cover concealer in NW35
-MAC Mineralize Satinfinish liquid foundation in NC42
-MAC Darkly My Dear blush
-MAC Honour blush as a highlight
-MAC Prep + Prime translucent setting powder

Lips:
-NYX lip pencil in natural
-MAC Viva Glam II lipstick
-MAC Spree lipglass

I really liked the look.  It was appropriate for the occasion.  I would never wear that heavy of an eye for daytime.  How was your New Years Eve?

No comments:

Post a Comment