Sunday, October 30, 2011

MAC Pro Longwear Concealer Review


Launched about a year ago, MAC's Pro Longwear Concealer has become my concealer of choice.  It claims to be a medium to full coverage liquid concealer that gives a natural matte finish and lasts up to 15 hours.  Sounds good right?  But does it do what it claims?

I can honestly say that I love this concealer!  The shade I wear is NC 35.  I find that it is a medium coverage concealer that can be built up to full coverage.  It does last a very long time. I've worn it for 15 hours and I experienced no fading.

I wear this over my Bobbi Brown corrector in medium to dark bisque.  I apply it with a Samantha Chapman Real Techniques flat foundation brush and blend it out with the Sephora airbrush concealer brush.  I apply it with a tapping motion in order to get the most coverage possible (as I have horrendous dark circles and bags).

Some people claim that you don't have to set it.  I personally do or else I find that it creases, even with a primer underneath.  I set this with the MAC Prep+Prime translucent finishing powder.  That assures that it doesn't crease or settle into those tiny lines under my eyes.

I even use it for blemish coverage, and it works great for that.  I just dab a little onto my blemish or dark spot and blend it out.  It stays put all day.

The thing that I don't like about it is the pump that it comes with.  It is the most sensitive pump ever.  One pump of this stuff is enough for 2-3 days of usage.  And there is no way to just pump out the amount you need.  What I've done to remedy that is I pump a full pumps worth into a Sephora sample jar and I use it for 2-3 days, just dipping my brush into get my desired amount.  Also, on my first bottle of this, the pump quit working when there was about 1/8th left. It just wouldn't pump anymore.  And there is no way to unscrew the pump.

Overall, I love this concealer.  It retails for $17 and will likely last you six months.  It is available at MAC counters and stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment