Saturday, October 1, 2011

Nuance By Salma Hayek Eyeshadow Quad Is Very Interesting...


At CVS last week, I came across the new line produced by the beautiful actress Salma Hayek.  It's called Nuance and it is a line of cosmetics and skin care products.  The eyeshadow quad caught my attention for the obvious reason (I'm a sucker for packaging).  This is called the Beautiful Blends Neutral Eye Quad.

The packaging is like an egg shaped pod with the colors folding down like flower petals.  In the center is a sponge tip applicator.

The four colors are: Shimmering Bronze (a red-toned bronze), Champagne Gold (no color description needed), Frosted Blush (a pink-toned champagne), and Toasted Almond (a matte mid-tone brown).
Shimmering Bronze

Champagne Gold

Frosted Blush

Toasted Almond
The pigment is very tightly pressed, so the shadows are not soft.  The pigmentation is nice, though not as pigmented as the Wet N Wild shadows.  Over a primer, they held up very well throughout the day, not creasing at all.  I also found that they were easy to blend.
Toasted Almond, Frosted Blush, Champagne Gold, Shimmering Bronze
As far as the color selection, I wouldn't have necessarily chosen these four colors to go together.  But on their own, they are nice colors.  I also wish they would have included a darker matte brown instead of the Toasted Almond, which barely shows up on me.  But hey, it's not my makeup line, so I can't be choosy!

The price was $8.99 which is kind of high for a drugstore quad but like I said, I'm a sucker for packaging.  Nuance is sold exclusively at CVS.  Check it out the next time you're there!

No comments:

Post a Comment