Wednesday, November 30, 2011

NARS Smudge-Proof Eyeshadow Base Review


Stop the presses!  I have found my Holy Grail eyeshadow base/primer!  

In the past, I have been loyal to Urban Decay Primer Potion.  But with packaging issues and being harder to blend, I set out to find something equal, if not superior to my beloved UDPP.  I had thought after the re-packaging of UDPP into a tube that it would eliminate the issues from the old packaging.  Not so!  After spending nearly $30 on the professional size UDPP, it dried out in less than 3 months!  But I digress, we're here to talk about NARS.

Let's start with the packaging. I like the packaging.  It's straight forward and I won't have to de-pot it nor worry about it drying out.  It is packaged like a lipgloss with a tube and a doe foot applicator.  The consistency is quite different to that of UDPP.  NARS consistency is more like a mousse.  Almost feeling like a silicone based product (not sure as I have thrown away the box with the ingredient list).

This stuff does not budge.  At. All.  It keeps my eyeshadow in place all day long.  I love it!  But best of all, it makes my shadows easy to blend.  That was a huge problem with the UDPP for me.  It just such a pain to blend my eyeshadow.

This stuff is not cheap.  It retails for $24 but I purchased it during the Sephora Friends' and Family sale and it was 20% off.  If you can splurge on this, I highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment