Saturday, December 17, 2011

NARS Cordura Eyeshadow Duo


In the past 12 months, NARS has easily become my favorite makeup brand.  They just can't do any wrong in my book in terms of quality and texture.  After purchasing the Wild at Heart 15th Anniversary palette, I became enamored with their eyeshadow.  My next NARS eyeshadow purchase was the Cordura eyeshadow duo.

I purchased this during the NARS 20% off summer sale and I'm so glad I did.  The left side is a warm  brown with gold pearl and the right side is a cool-toned dark brown with gold pearl.  The two colors definitely complement each other.  I like to wear this duo when I want a dark yet subtle eye.

The texture is very smooth and the colors apply evenly.  I did not experience any fallout while applying this shadow and they blend out wonderfully.  With the NARS smudge proof eyeshadow base (reviewed here), they stay on all day.

In terms of pigmentation, this duo doesn't lack any.  I find that I barely have to touch my brush to the darker brown in order to deposit intense color.  The lighter brown doesn't take much to get the color payoff either.  The gold pearl in both are subtle enough so that it does not look like a glitter bomb exploded on your eyes.

If you are looking for a nice duo, definitely check this one out.  NARS duos retail for $33.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment