Thursday, February 2, 2012

NARS Makeup Removing Water


I've been unhappy with my makeup removing wipes lately.  I felt they weren't "wet" enough and they took too much elbow grease to remove my makeup.  I'd always been curious about cleansing waters but hadn't had a chance to try one.  So when I heard that NARS had released a cleansing water, I jumped.

According to NARS, it's a soap-free, alcohol-free water that removes face makeup and tones the skin.
Ingredients: Water, Butylene Glycol, Peg/Ppg-35/40 Dimethyl Ether, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Trisodium Edta, Cucumis Sativus [Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract], Chamomilla Recutita [Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract], Sodium Hyaluronate.
I soak two cotton balls with it and place them over my eyes for about 20 seconds, then I gently wiggle them before wiping.  And my eye makeup is gone, no joke.  No mascara, no eyeliner, no eyeshadow, GONE!  I then turn over both cotton balls and wipe the remainder of my face makeup off.  Now I don't wear water-proof mascara, so I don't know how it fairs against it, but with regular mascara, it cuts right through it.

Afterward, my face is left feeling clean, yet hydrated.  It's wonderful I tell you.  The only caveat is the price, $28 for 6.7 oz.  OUCH!  Much more than my $6 makeup removing wipes.  But it's NARS, you expect a price point like that from NARS.

If you can splurge, I recommend it!  It's available at nars. com, NARS counters, and, Sephora.

No comments:

Post a Comment