Monday, June 14, 2010
Tips To Beat The Heat With Your Makeup
The summer can wreak havoc on your beauty routine with the sweltering temperatures. Here in Houston, we also have the horrible humidity which can cause your makeup to disappear. The heat can often time make your makeup feel heavy and gross on your face. To combat this, I have a few summer beauty tips.
1. SPF, SPF, SPF-I can't stress it enough! SPF is so important to protect your skin from UVA and UVB rays. Find a moisturizer with SPF in it. I use Neutrogena Oil Free Moisturizer with SPF 15.
2. Speaking of moisturizer, try to use a tinted moisturizer. It is much lighter on the skin than foundation. Laura Mercier makes a great tinted moisturizer.
3. Use primer, it will keep your make up in place and fresh looking in the sticky heat. Loreal Studio Secrets is a great inexpensive face primer.
4. Waterproof mascara will be your hero, especially in humid climates! Pretty much every mascara comes in a waterproof variety.
5. Blotting sheets can be your best friend. They blot the shine and oil away. They fit in your purse and can be a summer life saver. Clean & Clear make great ones.