Sunday, November 13, 2011

The Balm And The Beautiful Palette


There has been a lot of talk of this palette in the blogosphere because it has the exact same colors (just different names) as The Balm's Cast Your Shadow palette that was extremely limited edition.  I lucked up and found this at my local Marshall's store untouched and in perfect condition (sometimes their cosmetics tend to be messed over).  It was only $19.50.  It retails for $44.50 on The Balm's website.

The palette has 16 eyeshadows, 2 lip/cheek stains, 1 lipgloss, and 1 dual sided eyeshadow brush.  The theme of this palette is a soap opera so they have cute and cheeky names like 'The Guy Who Died But Didn't Really Die'.  There is a good mix of neutral colors and vibrant colors.


This was my first time using The Balm products so I was pleasantly surprised to find the eyeshadow texture to be butter smooth and soft.  These colors are nicely pigmented and they blend wonderfully.  I've used the palette about 6 times since I've purchased it.

I was also pleased to find that the cheek colors were nice also.  I used The Perfect Man on my cheeks and it stayed all day.  It gave a nice pink flush to my cheeks.  The texture was creamy without being gloopy.

Here are the swatches:
1st two rows

2nd two rows

Drama Queen, The Perfect Man, Evil Twin
Overall, I would highly recommend this palette, especially if you can find it at your local Marshall's.

No comments:

Post a Comment